Coilover help

Bulldog

Reaction score
I'm going to be fitting coilovers to my A4 B8 & I don't want to strip the front shocks down when I swap them over does anybody know what parts I'll need to do this I've included a pic from ETKA any help would be much appreciated

parts you will need are the coilovers

why would you strip the old shock ?

I've already got the coilovers I don't want to strip down the original shocks when I fit the coilovers so I can just fit them straight on.

Don't know what you mean by strip down your shocks :/ just take them off and fit the new shocks that came with the coilovers.

I'm pretty sure you'll just be needing the top mount buddy, and obviously the new nut for the top. Although looking at the diagram, it may be the case that the shock and spring needs to come apart in order to get it out of the car. I know what you mean though as that's what I did on my old car!

Scrap that, you'll need items 3,4,5 to fit to the new coilovers if you want to keep your existing set up complete. Your Coilovers should come with the nut (item 2)

Reactions: SI-W85
Surely the coilovers come complete with springs and shocks and its a straight swap job?

Yes they are it's the top mounts & bits that cover the piston I want to replace

Yes they are it's the top mounts & bits that cover the piston I want to replace

Ah ok I see what you mean, whenever iv done coilovers kit iv always just used existing top mounts with no issue, assuming you want to do this as your previous top mounts are knocking?

No the top mounts are fine cars only done 37000 but I'd rather renew so as I don't come across any issues further down the line or when fitting.

Just done a search on coilovers and came across this, was looking at these online, how have u got on with them? Would you recommend them? Or for the money are they too good to be true lol

I've not had them fitted yet so can't comment on them yet & these aren't the cheap FK's these are the silverlines.

Reactions: mike2516