1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilover help

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Triple.O.G, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Aug 9, 2010]
    Hi people, I really need some help fast, I have fitted some FK AK coilovers to my 07 S-line and the fronts were rattling around alot, we have taken them off and had a play around and even replaced the drop links, the drivers side and the rears are now perfect but the front passenger side rattles alot whilst moving even at 5mph, does anyone have any idea what this may be?

It sounds as though I'm driving over an old wooden bridge.

Everything is tight and has been checked and double checked so I'm all out of ideas???!!

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. solaris

solaris Member

[Aug 9, 2010]
    I would closely inspect all the bushes and the topmounts initially
  4. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Aug 9, 2010]
    I'm on that this afternoon, replaced drop links cos the bushes were slightly loose but nothing, top mount was on very tight so I'm gonna compress spring and try to tighten it more and see if that works?

Thanks mate, I'll post an update later.
  5. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Aug 9, 2010]
    Ok my mechanic is coming tomorrow to take a look at this for the 3rd time, we have previously checked the bushes and the top mounts are as tight as the gun would take them, there was 0 noise before i putthe FK's on but once fitted they were rattling within driving a yard.

Does anyone know of anything else that this could be? could the anti roll bar be hitting anything due to it sitting higher/lower than with OEM suspension.

I really appreciate peoples opinions as well as facts as im stuck for what else it may be and if I dont find the problem im taking them off as I cant stand imperfections with m cars.

Thanks.