1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilover fitting

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cclarke184, Jun 18, 2004.

1. cclarke184

cclarke184 Member

[Jun 18, 2004]
    I going to attempt to change my standard suspension to coilovers tomorrow. i was wondering if any of you have any horror stories about doing this or is there any special tools i need to have before i get car up on the stands.
    (aparts from spring compression clamps and a good socket set)
    Or is there any tips and advice you guys would offer before i start this job.

Cheers

Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jun 18, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    But if it's a Quattro, won't you need a spring compressor to get the rear springs out?

Don't know if he HAS a Quattro or not, but figured I'd ask /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You need it on non quattro AND quattro as the spring and damper are not one unit.

Rich
  4. cclarke184

cclarke184 Member

[Jun 18, 2004]
    The coilovers have arrived and the front shocks are one unit as expected and i dont think will require the compressors to fit them, but the rears as Rich says the damper and spring aren't one unit when fitted to the car.

My car is a non Quattro.

Chris