1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coilover advice

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 20vtdaz, Jun 9, 2007.

1. 20vtdaz

20vtdaz Member

hi guys, im having my ap racing brakes fitted next week and was wondering whether i should fit coilovers while im at it, the car currently runs on eibach -20mm springs and the ride is great but im after more of a sport ride, although not harsh, anyone have any ideas? cheers daz
  2. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

I've never ever ever had coilovers that werent harsh.

I'd stick with shocks/springs
  3. 20vtdaz

20vtdaz Member

well a mate of mine ran his ibiza on vmaxx and they were fine, and there was a guy with them on here not long ago that got some, anyone know how he got on?
  4. jcb

jcb Active Member

depends on your view of harsh.
    I have KW v3's on full soft at the rear and slightly harder at the front. work a treat
  5. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Well, i agree, there are varying levels, but we are talking Audis here, which are meant to be smoooooooooooth.

I'm currently running FK Koenigsports on 1/4 turn off soft and they are still awful on bad roads.
  6. 20vtdaz

20vtdaz Member

like you say guys we have different views of harsh, well im thinking of going with the vmaxx as ive read they are v smooth for coilovers and it'll be a cheaper mistake if i dont like them i suppose, thanks for feedback guys, if anyone has been in an s3 with the vmaxx any info would be great thanks , daz
  7. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

I've got fk coilovers and i think the ride is much better than when i just had lowering springs. It is a firm ride but it's still very comfortable and the handling is 10 times better. Highly recommend fk coilovers.