1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilover advice

Lcrboy Oct 24, 2013

1. Lcrboy

Lcrboy New Member

Hi

i have a a3 2010 sline sportsback, I'm goin to be purchasing a set of coils
    can anyone recommend a good brand, I'm not wanting to pay a fortune. Been looking at fk but what ones??
    help

2. JJ.Foulds

JJ.Foulds Well-Known Member

AP does some for like £400 which are a good mid brand apparently.

3. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member Audi S3

buys expensive car, cheaps out on suspension upgrade. WHYYYYY?!?!?!

4. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

I have ap gx (adjustable height and damping)cost 600odd to fit this weekend. Altho they got just height adjust for 400-500. Looking into it there good mid range. Fk and bilstens are premium ones at around 1000-1600. Check some of the sponsor supliers and search **** out of them see whst suits your budget you got other brands that are just about 200-400 like joms. But ppl mainly advice against cheap ones because of some issues like creaking, bouncing about and build quality. You will find lots of info on them if you search about them all as I done.

5. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

You chomping at the bit yet?

turbonutz likes this.
  6. JJ.Foulds

cnt wait for my JOM's to arrive :p
    lol...

JJ

7. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

yeh man cant wait haha!

8. Lcrboy

Lcrboy New Member

Thanks guys, I'm chomping at the bit now......
    its looking like the ap's

9. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Not being funny but do a search. There's loads of recent threads on this subject.

10. Sevv

Sevv Pushing the limits..

personally why not wait and get Bilstein PSS's B14's they are absolutely great thats what im running on the A3 pricey but really good

i would also suggest you change the top mount bushes and bearings while you have them out and check all the bushes are fine, and an anti lift kit would really transform the ride.

11. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

The AP kit is a good choice for everyday road use and very well prices, the V-Maxx is also becoming more and more popular as well.

All depends what you want to spend really but if I can be any help please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

12. JJ.Foulds

Damian, hows my order doing for the spacers and JOM's?, i know its only been a week but im excited to get the stuff on! :D

JJ.

13. pablo

pablo Active Member

without starting another thread will coilovers fit an 06 S3 if they are 55mm struts? Is that the only difference in them? cheers.

14. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

Think its to do with the weight load as s3 is heavier? Personally I wouldnt chance it

15. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Coilovers and the FK 13mm spacers are ready for dispatch, just waiting for confirmation on what you'd like to do on the 10mm spacers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

16. JJ.Foulds

Great, iv emailed you!