Coilover advice

Lcrboy

Reaction score
Hi

i have a a3 2010 sline sportsback, I'm goin to be purchasing a set of coils
can anyone recommend a good brand, I'm not wanting to pay a fortune. Been looking at fk but what ones??
help

I have ap gx (adjustable height and damping)cost 600odd to fit this weekend. Altho they got just height adjust for 400-500. Looking into it there good mid range. Fk and bilstens are premium ones at around 1000-1600. Check some of the sponsor supliers and search crap out of them see whst suits your budget you got other brands that are just about 200-400 like joms. But ppl mainly advice against cheap ones because of some issues like creaking, bouncing about and build quality. You will find lots of info on them if you search about them all as I done.

I have ap gx (adjustable height and damping)cost 600odd to fit this weekend. Altho they got just height adjust for 400-500. Looking into it there good mid range. Fk and bilstens are premium ones at around 1000-1600. Check some of the sponsor supliers and search crap out of them see whst suits your budget you got other brands that are just about 200-400 like joms. But ppl mainly advice against cheap ones because of some issues like creaking, bouncing about and build quality. You will find lots of info on them if you search about them all as I done.

You chomping at the bit yet?

Reactions: turbonutz
But ppl mainly advice against cheap ones because of some issues like creaking, bouncing about and build quality. You will find lots of info on them if you search about them all as I done.

cnt wait for my JOM's to arrive :p
lol...

JJ

Thanks guys, I'm chomping at the bit now......
its looking like the ap's

Not being funny but do a search. There's loads of recent threads on this subject.

personally why not wait and get Bilstein PSS's B14's they are absolutely great thats what im running on the A3 pricey but really good

i would also suggest you change the top mount bushes and bearings while you have them out and check all the bushes are fine, and an anti lift kit would really transform the ride.

The AP kit is a good choice for everyday road use and very well prices, the V-Maxx is also becoming more and more popular as well.

All depends what you want to spend really but if I can be any help please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

The AP kit is a good choice for everyday road use and very well prices, the V-Maxx is also becoming more and more popular as well.

All depends what you want to spend really but if I can be any help please let me know.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Damian, hows my order doing for the spacers and JOM's?, i know its only been a week but im excited to get the stuff on! :D

JJ.

without starting another thread will coilovers fit an 06 S3 if they are 55mm struts? Is that the only difference in them? cheers.

Think its to do with the weight load as s3 is heavier? Personally I wouldnt chance it