Coil packs

rusty s3

Reaction score
my cars been sat for a while but got to take it out today .every thing was fine untill i got a constant misfire.think its a coil pack gone? how much are they and as ones gone is it worth changeing them all? the cars a 2001 210bhp with 49k.thanks

you can change them all to be safe,thirty quid is the norm each

coil packs for a 210bhp S3 are £27.91+VAT = £32.09 each form Audi part number M A06B 905 115 E

Euro car parts sell them but i don't know how reliable they are?

i had the same and replaced an individual one, and another as a spare and had no more problems yet, but im expecting more to go soon !

I had two go on mine last month. Im not a mechanic but managed to change all four myself saving on labour charges. I had it serviced last wk at midland vw and was informed it is always best to change them all to be on the safe side.

thanks for the replys guys i'll go to the dealers tommorow.

Main dealer ones, are the only ones to use really, get all four and swap...jobs a good un :)

I had one go on my LCR and the next week another went. I'd recommend changing all 4 to be on the safe side and ask to keep the one's that haven't gone as spares in the boot just incase any of the go again.