1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coil pack question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by pilcob, Apr 29, 2013.

1. pilcob

pilcob Member

Hi all, I have a 2003 B6 S4, had a problem yesterday with engine misfiring, did full scan with VCDS and found the fault to be coil pack 6, was going to swap the coil pack with another and rescan to confirm if faulty coil pack or not but upon removing the coil pack only the top half came out, managed to get the lower half out using info of another thread on here.
    I have typed the part number 077 905 115k into google to price a new part, but google shows this part number as a chinese aftermarket part, I have checked the other 7 coil packs and they all have the same part number, my question is would you recommend changing all the coil packs for new genuine audi parts or should I just replace the broken one?
  2. s3tby

s3tby Member

Buy two genuine OEM packs. Replace the faulty one and keep one in the boot as a spare.
  3. pilcob

pilcob Member

I have seen a full set on PSI Tuning website for £ 152.40 delivered, claiming to be genuine VAG items, seems to be a good price if genuine OEM parts.
  4. dualmono21

dualmono21 Active Member

that code number is the genuine number for the coil packs ... the k denomination is simply the revision

ring your local audi dealer in the morning and give them the registration of the vehicle , there is an "improvement program" for several models of vag cars the s4 being one of them .... your car may be eligible for having the packs changed f.o.c if its not been done before
    i like a lot of owners had the coil packs replaced free by audi as part of the improvement program

DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR
    mine decided to try and set itself on fire whilst i was in a petrol station , luckily it burnt the wiring loom of the ignition coils through or it could have been much much worse
    theres several cases in the states where the coil packs fail when driving and it burns the car out
  5. pilcob

pilcob Member

Car went into Liverpool Audi last year for coil pack revision/upgrade, but none of the coil packs were changed, no explanation given i assumed the ones fitted were allready upgraded items.

6. dualmono21

dualmono21 Active Member

ring and speak to audi technical they should be able to tell you what revision the originals were and what the current ones are
    if your somewhere in between then yes theyve been changed allready
    if there the originals quite simply dont use audi liverpool again