1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coding Symphony II+

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by AlexGSi2000, May 9, 2012.

1. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[May 9, 2012]
    Just after some advice on this as I have never used vag-com to code / make adjustments before - only ever used it to scan for fault codes.

Basically I am upgrading the factory audio in my 2002 A4 from a Symphony II, to a Symphony II+

I have found the following on the net;
    Audi Radio Generation II Plus - Ross-Tech Wiki

The new unit is from America, so I need to change the country to Europe.
    The car is a 2002 A4 Avant TDi with material interior, so im guessing I will need to change to; wagon/avant and diesel engine.

My issue is, I dont know what 0xx0xx? means, or how to get there and how to change it.
    Im taking it I go to the "radio" section of vag-com, go to adaptation - from there im lost!... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. JST_A3

JST_A3 Member

[May 9, 2012]
    Alex,

Use the Coding button within VCDS to change the configuration. Once there you should get a help message to explain the different options that are available, but based on what you have said I would suggest a coding of 0??0221, this consists of the following:

0 - Fixed, no options
    ? - Add the digits together depending upon what is fitted. If you have MFSW use 2, if MFSW & Telephone use 6 (2+4)
    ? - As above. If you have a CD changer use 2, if CD & Digital Sound use 3 (2+1)
    0 - Fixed, no options
    2 - Diesel engine
    2 - Avant
    1 - Europe

I'm not familiar with the A4 radios so assume that they both work on CAN-bus, if not then you may need to make other changes to the CAN controller module to enable the radio to be identified.

Hope this helps.

Steve
  4. AlexGSi2000

[May 10, 2012]
    Many thanks for your help - I think I understand how coding works now!

The Symphony II+ will be retrofitted into a 2002 A4 without CANBUS using a quadlock to ISO convertor.

5. AlexGSi2000

[Jun 4, 2012]
    Just an update on this - the unit arrived from America, I managed to code everything apart from the region setting.
    Whenever I tried to code to Europe it came up with an error.

Not sure if there is any way around this?