code of doom: 65535

Tom_B

Reaction score
In short: air bag liight is on, vcds lite says 65535 Ross tech wiki says:
[h=1]65535[/h] [h=2]Internal Control Module Memory Error[/h] [h=3]Internal Control Module Memory Error[/h] [h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Wiring from/to Control Module faulty
    • Voltage Supply and/or Ground Supply faulty
  • Control Module faulty
    • Control Module Housing leaky
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Check/Clean Wiring from/to Control Module
    • Check Voltage Supply and Ground Supply including the Main Supply/Connections at the Battery
  • Replace Control Module

what is your experience? faulty module or dodgy wiring? is this the classic under seat connector or something else?

Battery gone flat recently ??? Try clearing fault see if it comes back if it does disconnected the battery disconnect the airbag ecu and clean up the contacts and akso the earth point for the ecu. See how that goes.

8D0 959 655 J is the airbag unit and it's a common fault unfortunately, new airbag module time i'm afraid.. I have one if you need.

thanks for your answer -my vcds lite won't clear the fault code - I'll give your suggestion a go and report back

Brasiliangringo - cheers man, much appreciated. I will test it tomorrow and get back to you.

thanks for your answer -my vcds lite won't clear the fault code - I'll give your suggestion a go and report back

By all means try finding the airbag ECU earth & clean the ECU contact points but if you are taking the centre console out to do the latter, you would be wise to have a replacement ready if this doesnt solve it (i can tell you from experience that its the ECU).

It'll be a new module.

You can get an airbag code clearer on e-bay. I got one, and it did clear the code. However the code would randomly come back. The box would clear it - et al. Cleaning it did ****** all

I would suggest a new thread ' What Airbag ECU modules are compatible with 8D0 959 655 J '

(BTW braziliangringo is an ok guy to get stuff from! #14 )

It'll be a new module.

You can get an airbag code clearer on e-bay. I got one, and it did clear the code. However the code would randomly come back. The box would clear it - et al. Cleaning it did ****** all

I would suggest a new thread ' What Airbag ECU modules are compatible with 8D0 959 655 J '

(BTW braziliangringo is an ok guy to get stuff from! #14 )

Cheers buddy, unfortunately you need the exact same p/n module or one ending 655 TA i believe which supersedes it (new from Audi @450ish)