1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cock up!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by adamccc, Mar 21, 2013.

1. adamccc

adamccc Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    Due to me being a clumsy idiot I've broken this black pipe whilst changing my fuel pressure sensor:
    [​IMG]

Anyone know what it does, whether giving it a temporary fixed of solvent glue and strong electrical tape if wise and where the best place to get a replacement would be?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Rom

Rom Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    Not familiar with that engine, but i guess a breather hose ?
    That e the end of the Forge logo ?

If nothing came out of it, oil, coolant, fuel etc, its most likely a breather. Clip doesnt look high pressure. Id certainly patch it up and try it.
  4. adamccc

adamccc Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    Yeah there's nothing coming through it and dry inside - don't want it to be a permanent solution but just for now as it looks to be a pain in the arse to replace
  5. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    Its a breather pipe, you can do a temp repair on it however you need to get it changed asap as the breather gases will have oil and fuel in it which will eat into whatever you have repaired it with be it tape or anything else.
  6. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    18 quid from tps just changed mine as it was leaking oil, while changing the pcv
  7. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    If you take the pipe off you will find a part number, call audi and order one.. It's a breather hose as said.. With a leak your car won't run right
  8. adamccc

adamccc Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    Thanks :) Looks pretty painful to get to the bottom end of it, so much stuff in the way/ not easy to disassemble - any tips for getting to it
  9. OVRA3

OVRA3 Well-Known Member

[Mar 21, 2013]
    I'm not sure if its the same one I replaced there are two one from pcv to manifold that's the smaller one and the bigger one. I changed the smaller one. Bloody audi's you need child hands to do anything!