1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutches

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_absautos, Jul 15, 2004.

1. imported_absautos

imported_absautos Guest

[Jul 15, 2004]
    i have read that the clutches are normal to have a fairly high bitting point. is it normal also to have a little difficulty going into first gear sometimes? how can i tell if its a hydraulic fault or a clutch fault other than the obvious signs of any leakage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. imported_jpjp

imported_jpjp Guest

[Jul 17, 2004]
    just change the clutch if it slip or slide...

4. imported_absautos

imported_absautos Guest

[Jul 17, 2004]
    it dont slip at all!
  5. imported_jpjp

imported_jpjp Guest

[Jul 17, 2004]
    if you have problem with only one gear, it might be the syncro of that gear..

and i recommand to never downshift in first gear...

the syncro is that part in the tranny that make you shift smootly throu the gears... it kinda ajust the speed of the gears so it can lock with it easier...but dont forget to press the clutch long enough...:))
  6. imported_absautos

imported_absautos Guest

[Jul 18, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]

The first gear thing, if it won't quite go into first, quick slip it into second then back into first, itll go in like a charm

[/ QUOTE ]
    thats what i seem to do and as you said it seems to be fine. i was hoping someone would say a clutch replacement would sort out the high bitting point! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif