1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch was slipping but isnt anymore lol ?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by boytrigg, Feb 7, 2014.

1. boytrigg

boytrigg Member

couple of weeks ago my 02 1.9tdi clucth started slipping pretty bad so i parked it up whilst i was working away from home i returned today and took it a decent drive and isnt slipping anymore any ideas why it would be doing that ?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. cnut

cnut Member

Mine judders when it has been damp outside but eventually disappears as the moisture evaporates off but slipping I'm not entirely sure about.

4. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!
    VCDS Map User

We have a Transit van at work that slip occasionally. Garage put it down to a lazy slave or master cylinder. But as we are parting with it shortly we're not having it repaired.

Worth checking the hydraulics on it.

5. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

Mine first showed signs of slipping 5 years ago when my Dad had it but only when really provoked and on hill starts etc.... finally had to get it done this xmas after i had put a good 30,000 miles on it lol but that was more because the dual mass flywheel was making some very odd noises on idle..... maybe the crankshaft oil seal has let a little oil in that has since burnt away ?

6. boytrigg

boytrigg Member

il have a look at the fluid on the weekend but im quite happy for now if it stays like that lol 205 k on the original clutch so id imagine its pretty well fudged haha