1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Vibration

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dgannon69, Jul 23, 2006.

1. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

I've had my car into audi recently to check the clutch because of gear change problems but they say all is ok. I let a friend drive last night and after he'd driven it the clutch has been vibrating on release when i change gear. I know for a fact he rests his foot on the clutch pedal so could this have worn something or in a matter of words nackered the clutch/flywheel?

Regards

Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chippie

chippie Member

dont think that resting his foot for one night would knacker the clutch, is it just the clutch pedal vibrating or the engine/gearbox

4. dgannon69

dgannon69 Member

thats what i thought, just found it unusual its only started vibrating since he drove it. The vibration only occurs when you release the clutch to put the car into gear. If your in neutral and push the clutch up and down there's no vibration...

Dave

5. chippie

chippie Member

sounds like its either your clutch plate that could be worn or contaminated with oil or a weak preasure plate or release bearing, but im no mechanic