Clutch Upgrade for s-line Quattro

kenny_boon

Reaction score
hi all,

with some mods in the pipeline. was wondering how much power and torque can the existing OE clutch take?

car is 1.8T (190PS) S-line Quattro

anyone upgraded their clutch? anyone running high power in their B6 quattro?

I think Oettinger say upgrade the clutch if putting more than 235 lbft through it. Which pretty well means - Anymore than a Re-Map and you'll need a clutch on a 190ps 1.8t.......! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You might be as well to ask this in the A3 or B5 section, Kenny. I'm sure some of the S3/A3/B5 chaps can advise you.

It seems to be a problem on AS that people post tuning questions in their own models section and then it just gets lost......... Which is a a shame when you consider the 1.8t is used in the A3, A4 (B5+B6) and A6.

I'm not having a go at you Kenny but information would be so much easier to find if tuning posts were posted in the tuning section for the whole of AS to read.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

ok, i just figured the A4 would have a specific clutch so thot someone in this section would know better

Take a look HERE too , Kenny.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

had a little bit of bad news.

from some research and a company, they reckon going upto and around 300lbft will be too much for the standard flywheel. so the clutch and flywheel will need to be replaced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mmmmmmmmm..... That's a bummer. Are they sure? Any second opinions?

I would've thought the flywheel will be ok.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

the reply

""With your A4 i have done some research and we have found that the
rubber
fixings inside the OEM flywheel are not suitable to run beyond or
around
300lbs of torque (which is probably what you will achieve with the
eliminator kit) so therefore we offer a complete flywheel and clutch
assembly to replace the current system.""

seems like a genuine guy and had recomends

not had a 2nd opinion tho

Of course, the flywheel is a dual mass one. I guess the replacement one is solid.......?

BUB