Clutch switch help

Jay

Reaction score
Is there a diy guide on replacing the clutch switch?

I'm planning on doing this to see if it cures my over revving issue.

Also is it wise to use a thinner engine oil for the winter. Currently using fully synth 5w40 and about a litre top up in there of 0w40 mobil 1.

Jay from what ive read its above the clutch pedal disconnect the switch, and it screw out and then vice versa with the new one iirc from what ive read,

Good luck mate hope it cures it as i have it too, its happens more now and is so annoying, im replacing my dumpvalve see if it cure any thing as mine is bust if not i will try switch good luck, Oski

cheers mate, i'll let you know how i get on.

cheers mate, i'll let you know how i get on.
Cheers mate actually it may have below the pedal not too sure i was trying to find the thread for you which i read it on,but can not seem to see it,

An idea could be to check the switch with vag-com. Im pretty sure there must be a measuring block for this sensor and you would be able to see it go on or off... Wouldnt know where to find it in vag com though.

Just a thought before you go and buy a switch

Thanks for the suggestion.....vagcoms showing no errors.

would it definately log a fault if it needed replacing?

Can anyone answer my oil question?

No idea on the oil.

No not nessesarily. But you should be able to see if the sensor actuakky works by looking at it with vag com and pressing the pedal to see if the switch is returning the correct value.... Im not sure what measuring block you would need to open though to see this information.