1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch suggestions replace or upgrade?

camscockle20vT Mar 29, 2011

1. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Hey all i got a A3 1.8t and i need a new clutch soon as myn is slipping. What should i do? Do i jst buy an upgraded clutch or replace with a vr6 clutch but what flywheel do i use as i kno myns a dual mass ? Any help cus i dont reli have a clue lol

2. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

standard A3 1.8T? I would have thought standard clutch unless you have future plans for it or if the upgrade route is actually cheaper than the standard route

not too sure about flywheels but i would have thought a DMF is more appropriate although more expensive i believe. Do you :keule:actually need a new flywheel?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  3. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Hi mate thanks for the rep. Well im setting it up for a decent remap, its gt the usual 007p dv copdside relocated, and aftermarket carbon airfilter and miltek exhaust upto mani.
    If the upgrade is cheaper then ill go for that, its a dmf at the mo and i think its ok but iv heard vr6 clutch is a good replacement but its a smf so i dnt know what fly to use. Thanks agen.