Clutch snap when pressing? 2 bits of plasitic and a slice of metal?

bigstring

Reaction score
Was going from 4th to 5th aroun4 40mph last night on the bye-pass and there was a loud clunk, the clutch pedal hit the deck and I pulled over, I found 2 bits of plasitic and a slice of metal in the foot well.............

1x white plasic clip snapped
1x black plasic cover? I thing
1x 1.5" bit of metal?

Clutch is fine in this car and just covered 100 miles in it about an hour before, not the master cylinder or anything like that, is this a common problem, can anyone shed any light, parts needed or a how to?

I can see a metal rod and the pedal, I take it this was attached :yes:

Cheers people!

Indeed this was the problem and i have replaced the clutch peddle, and 2 plastic clips, but the pedel is now very high, and hard to change gear, any ideas on where i went wrong?

This is very common , reason it's high is probably the clutch cable (ball end) is not in White clip properly
Simple check is to pull pedal higher whilst lookin it'll pull apart

You might not have put it in properly then. I had mine done in December with new pedal and clips as mine snapped just like yours. When i got my car back the pedal was fine at the usual height.

Cool beans people.... thank you......

Also on that note, I snapped a little pin that was attached to a pinkish box? about 3" long and 2" wide (the box) the pin about 1cm'ish..