1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLUTCH SLIPPING

yellow peril Dec 11, 2009

1. yellow peril

yellow peril Member

As above here we go again, clutch started slipping today on motorway on boost, been searching through stikys seems to be quite a diffrence in clutch prices, looking for a clutch that will stand up to 330bhp s3 for a decent price prices so far 1k for uprated clutch fitted, location scotland c entral cheers guys will keep the rest of this for my next rant. cheers Bob.

2. ianysm

ianysm Active Member

What can the std clutch take?

3. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

It depends on your driving

Standard one are very good from what i've seen

4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

In same position but just a std remap on mine don`t seem to get many answers on this topic.

5. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

Standard clutch is generally considered fine for remapped cars up to about 300 torques, mine was fine as standard until a remap whereupon it occassionally slipped, new clutch and flywheel later £1360 lighter and all is happy with the world again

6. Andrew@A.L.D

Andrew@A.L.D May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.

Where did you get the clutch and flywheel from?

7. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

All done by Plymouth Audi, best bit was I was able to get back the cost of the flywheel and the labour from the company that provide the warrantee I bought a week after buying the car, so it only in effect cost me £300.

8. ianysm

ianysm Active Member

Sounds expensive for the clutch though. Cost me about £500 from an indie. Clutch, slave cylinder and cleaned up flywheel. Happily copes with the remap but wondered how much more they can take. I guess the OP needs a heavier duty one