1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch replacement advice

Avant4me Jul 6, 2011

1. Avant4me

Avant4me The're Graphite not black!!

Driving along today and the clutch has started to show signs of slip. Given that the car has covered 180k I am not going to get too upset.
    The car is a 1.9tdi quattro with a stage 1 remap.
    What are the opinions on the current fly wheel? To be honest I think this is the original clutch as it was a rep mobile for the first 4 years when most of the miles were done and there is no record of a change.

I would like to go for an updated clutch as it is the weak point of the car.

I would like brand recommendations and opinions on going single mass.

Matt

2. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

I recently had the same problem with my clutch, various different people had many ideas of which route to go down. So in the end I just replaced the clutch and DMF at the same time. My wallet was crying when I collected the car but it now feels like a new car.

3. Avant4me

Avant4me The're Graphite not black!!

Was really hoping to see what aftermarket clutches people had used. Looking to upgrade as thestandard one struggles with the torque

4. ASHIHARA

ASHIHARA Member

I will go stock:AVF have 240mm clutch,which is much stronger like AWX clutch 288mm;flywheel is not necesary to change it,check it first.
    180k miles is enough even for a clutch without remap.