1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by necroeire, Sep 21, 2005.

1. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

Well it a squeak question really...when I press the clutch it squeaks and there is no mose living down there honest, I've had the cat in to look.

Anyone know where I can spray some WD40 or something to stop it? It's starting to pi$s me off a bit.

Oh and I also had a puncture this morning and the pain I had trying to get the damn wheel off. Even after all nuts were out I had to beat the wheen to get it loose. WTF is that about?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and I also had a puncture this morning and the pain I had trying to get the damn wheel off. Even after all nuts were out I had to beat the wheen to get it loose. WTF is that about?

[/ QUOTE ]
    You're lucky - I couldn't get my rear wheels off when I came to change the rear pads & discs! I had to get the local tyre centre to take them off!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. marctwo

marctwo Member

My clutch 'creaked' for some time. Typically, as soon as I was armed with a can of WD40 it went away. Came back later on but has been gone for a while now. Seemed to happen over winter so don't know if it was temperature related?

5. HTC

HTC Active Member

Ditto, I had to take a 4 foot rubber mallet to my rear drivers when I first tried to remove it.

Remember, copper grease is your friend. Smear a little on ya hubs and you will be blessed with speedy wheel changes. :)