1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch problems

ButchsTT Feb 14, 2007

1. ButchsTT

ButchsTT Member

I have just installed a brand new clutch, pressure plate and Throw out bearing it has about 2,000 miles on it the car has just over 50,000
    so the other day I was coming home and had to sit in traffic for about 1 hour 20 mins and after the jam broke up the clutch started slipping and had a burnt smell should I have the mechanic replace the plate with a heavier duty one or is there some other problem I don't know about
    any help is appreciated
    :haudrauf:

2. ButchsTT

ButchsTT Member

Danm guys why no replies to my question really need help

3. ButchsTT

ButchsTT Member

Thanks for nothing:Flush:

4. Bobster

Bobster New Member

Hey bro, i just read ur thread, well my clutch has been in the car, bever replaced since 2000 (i shiped the car from germany) and i live in beirut-lebanon, and FYI, there are always traffic **** in beirut so i really dont think u'll have to buy a heavy duty clutch, however, if ur saying that ur clutch is begining to slip, it's more likely advisable to replace it with another OEM one..that will stick with u for another 50-60 miles :)
    cheers..

5. ButchsTT

ButchsTT Member

Thanks I have not had the problem since the one day I believe that some of the slipping was my fault riding the clutch to much trying to keep in traffic moving 2 MPH

6. scuttla 69

scuttla 69 Blacked out TT

True I would go with another OEM 1 to! Mate u must be a crappy driver stop riding the clutch lol!

7. Bobster

Bobster New Member

^^ lol

Sometime when the clutch really heats up, it begines to slip.. no biggy dude :)
    when i first learned how to drive a manual car i used to rev the car up to 4000 rpm haha... well what can i say, it wasnt a good clutch smell back then :blush:

8. ButchsTT

ButchsTT Member

Problem is I live in Puerto Rico and their is a lot of stop and go traffic plus going to My house I have to go up hill about 5 miles traffic jams are murder for a 30 minute drive it has taken me almost 2.5 hours
    I have not had this problem since that one day and yes I think I am a crappy driver but I keep trying... this is my first real car (Audi TT) most American cars you can keep your foot on the clutch and it does not matter I am getting use to having a precision machine

9. Bobster

Bobster New Member

welcome to my world... i live in Beirut- Lebanon... the trafic here is a mother ******... but after 8 o-clock it's great to cruise in such a nice car like ours :D