clutch problems

lukejenks

Reaction score
Probably been asked millions of times but I'm on my phone so search is taking ages!
My clutch pedal has decided it wants to stick to the floor. I can pull the pedal back up and it stays up. If I pull it up say half way it will stay for a few seconds and then slowly go back to the floor. I'm heading towards the master cylinder. Anyone have any ideas? I'be not lost any fluid
Cheers

same problem with mine last week, it was the master cylinder, €150 all in inc parts and labour
If it is the pedal itself that is broken, more than likely you would find bits of plastic in your footwell
< more than likely master cylinder:sm4:

Turns out its the slave cylinder, clutch fluid ******* out :(

if the clutch is looking ok would it be a big mistake to not replace that and the flywheel? I know it makes sense to change it as its all out but I can no way afford the clutch and flywheel as well!

what mileage has your clutch done? I would consider getting the clutch done but if the flywheel is ok then leave it in there

the car is on 94k. would you recommend genuine parts or Luk or Sachs?

at 94K then it would be silly not to do the clutch. I did mine last month at 80K because the gearbox broke, flywheel was fine. I went with standard parts, i wouldn't be able to advise either way as whether to go OEM or uprated.

Last edited:
I think the Sachs and luk are OEM just from euro car parts. there isn't much in it so I might try genuine if they have it in stock. I just looked through the reciepts and there is no history orlf the clutch being done

Might as well do the clutch plates, its rare to have to change a flywheel on a car where the clutch plate hasn't worn out, think of it as discs and pads, the clutch plate is the pad the flywheel the disc, if you change your pads early enough every time the discs can last a lot of changes before you need new ones.

its definately the intelligent. thing to do! would luk or Sachs be ok from euro then? I'm sure they are oem parts

i have bought a luk kit from gsf at £109. cars booked in at my work today so hopefully my flywheel is fine.