1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch problems with 2.0tdi 140 remaps??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rickyt, Feb 23, 2011.

1. rickyt

rickyt New Member

hi not long ago iv baught an 2006 a3 2.0 tdi quattro s line. I did want the 170 bhp model but it was hard to find one with the right milage an price so i got the 140. I love the car :yes: however its not the 170. So iv spoke to amd in essex about the stage 1 which would put it up to 185bhp. I have heard that they are the best people to go to. They say the clutch will be fine, others say it willl slip. i really want it done but dont want it to go! be grateful for any feedback thanks rich.:unsure:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. zedzo

zedzo Member

aslong as its not high milage and your clutch is already half dead. then it shouldnt slip at all. it will gradually wear faster but thats normal.

4. rickyt

rickyt New Member

thanks 4 the reply mate its done 59 000 so not that high. ill get it done then :)

5. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

Really depends on how you drive. It should be fine with ocasional hard driving but if your wanting to launch it at the lights everytime then best start saving for a clutch.

6. zedzo

zedzo Member

get it done, transforms the car :)

7. rickyt

rickyt New Member

oh im gunna get it done :) i wouldnt rag it all the time an f1 starts off the lights cause dont wanna fork out for new clutch. Fair play mate your car looks mint! I take it you have got an uprated clutch? whats it pushing out? So its unlikly my clutch will go if i drive sencibly an have fun now an again lol? Just dont wanna bugger up my car be heartbroken saved hard.