1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Problems and possible options

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by QuottroA4, Jun 20, 2009.

1. QuottroA4

QuottroA4 Member

I have recently my map tweeked to offer a little more performance as the quattro drivertrain does zap alot of the power making for a 'flatter' drive even when remapped.

Problem being is that the clutch has started slipping but only when given the beans from cold, however I suspect the clutch is quite worn and is responsible to some of the power loss I orignally thought was down to the quattro DT.

Now, Im under no illusion in relation to the clutch as I knew it was high when I bought the car which had a DTM chip fitted at only 14k - subsequently a new clucth and DMF was fitted at 62k. As you may see from my previous posts I promptly had the DTM chip removed as it had trashed the turbo by requesting 1.85 bar from a unit only designed to deliver 1.55 (hence the costly re-work) so I can only image what it has done to the clutch as the car is now on 115k. So the clucth does need replacing as I think if pushed, soon the clutch will start slippling under norm loads.

Question is, what clutch do I go for? I would like a SACHS uprated jobbie but I have been told that they don't do one for the AVF engine in quattro flavour...is this true? The other option would be to go for a LUK clutch and flywheel which I can get from ECP for around £420 all in compared to the sachs who are after around that for the DMF on its own!! My fear is that if I go for OEM spec,it will slip under the torque load generated from the new remap and if truth be told I want MORE power!

Can anyone give me any advice as I fear I am running out of time now! :/

Cheers guys :)
  2. QuottroA4

QuottroA4 Member

Nobody with any thoughts??
  3. QuottroA4

QuottroA4 Member

Any takers???
  4. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !