1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Problem?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by MiguelMcTyson, Oct 15, 2006.

1. MiguelMcTyson

MiguelMcTyson I'll make him an offer he can't refuse

Tried to pull away at a reasonable pace earlier today, clutch peddle seemed to stick half way down, after re-pressing a couple of times it released, terrible smell of burnt clutch and a few sheepish drives later all seems well, any thoughts, it's done 30k miles, clutch shouldn't be an issue should it?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. peteA3tdi

peteA3tdi Member

the clutch master or slave cylinder maybe on its way out, the seals can fail and draw air in

4. vanbasten

vanbasten Member

How much would it cost to replace the complete clutch?

5. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

How old is the car? You might want to think about changing the clutch fluid.:Flush:

6. MiguelMcTyson

MiguelMcTyson I'll make him an offer he can't refuse

Thanks for all your advice guys, in the dealers today and it actually replicated the problem while they were test driving it, makes a change,
    Anyway they say a pipe in the system has collapsed and the fluid wasn't getting through, either way it's a new pipe and clutch under warranty, amongst other things, including a new hi-fi unit because of a line of dead pixels and a new gear-knob, anyway thanks again.