1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch problem

Stepho Feb 4, 2006

1. Stepho

Stepho Member

While coming home this evening, I came off a rondabout, dipped the cluch to move up to third gear, when bang. The cluch pedal hit the floor and stayed there, whilst omitting various Plastic shards all over the footwell.

I believe this can be a common fault on the S3, and was wondering:
    A) Is this a big job to fix.(Time consuming/ Easy/Difficult/Requiring special tooling)
    B) Any ideas of cost putting into my local Dealers (Glasgow Audi) for repair.

Any help on this matter would be gratefully appreciated.
    Cheers
    Stepho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

2. imported_daryl

imported_daryl Guest

Similar thing happened to me. It turned out that the Slave cylinder had split. The part is not expensive, but they will charge just under 8 hours for labour.

The bummer about this was the cylinder was leaking break fluid over the clutch so I had to get a new one of them also. There was no extra labour for this though.

3. Buster

Buster Member

This happened to my MK4 golf a few years ago, they replaced a cylinder of some sort and a new pedal assembly and the total cost for parts and labour was about £250, had no option really as I was towed to the dealers by the AA

4. Stepho

Stepho Member

Can anyone help with the exploded view diagrams for this set-up. If I could get hold of these I might look into fixing myself. I am just unsure of the damage this might have caused. Is there anywhere in particular I should look for leaking fluid?
    Any help welcomed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. This happpened to me. Im my case it was just a small metal clip at the top of the pedel that had snapped off (the bit that presses the plumger down). My local garage welded it back on for £10 and it's been fine ever since.