1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch problem

mewstar Jan 16, 2011

1. mewstar

mewstar Member

hi
    I bought my first ever Audi last week (A3 sport 2.0 FSI, 2004 plate). Im wondering if there's a problem with the Clutch.
    Basically moving off from a standing start the biting point is literally an inch from the carpet floor. is that correct?
    when actually driving the clutch is spot on and gear changes a dream. it's just pulling off

please advise.

2. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

im sure audi's have hydraulic clutch's so maybe it needs bleeding but could be a worn clutch too get it checked out by a garage doesnt have to be audi either so will save you a few ££'s

3. mewstar

mewstar Member

yeh ive google'd and i too found that they are hydraulic and can't be adjusted?

i do have a 30 day warranty, but the garage is 30 miles away, and no doubt the warranty will be one of those not worth the paper it's on

4. roman3000

roman3000 Member

is the clutch slipping?
    drive at 30mph and put it into 5 and floor it, if it slips then you know it needs replacing.

5. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

Normally a worn clutch means the pedal comes up higher. I would be thinking clutch master/slave cylinder. if you are lucky it might just want bleeding.

6. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

thats what i would do first its cheaper that way lol

7. mewstar

mewstar Member

i dont reckon it's slipping but i shall try the 30mph/5th gear tomorrow

master / slave sounds rather expensive.....?

thanks for the replies on this topic. seems a good forum

8. mewstar

mewstar Member

update:
    clutch not slipping

Ive rang Audi, he said same as above, if clutch was on way out the biting point would be near the brake pedal

they are gonna have a look and drive Thursday

9. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

See i "DO" know what i am talking about :)

10. mewstar

mewstar Member

let's hope u are even more right with just needing bleeding :)