1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch problem...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cornish_a3_turbo, Nov 4, 2008.

1. OK, i have an a3 w reg 1.8 non quattro turbo, and the clutch bite is right at the top, does any 1 know if it can be ajusted??
    or is it time to be replaced...i know ots done 120,000 miles, 80000+ motor way....
    ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE....!!!
    CHEERS

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S3 Wannabe

S3 Wannabe Member

No idea, but for any advice/work make sure you have a word with RK Engineering at St Agnes. (Presuming you are in the Pasty county!)

4. haha yes im in newquay.
    is there ever any meets or shows do you know?
    there s 2 of us down here with a3 turbos and we dont mind travelling.
    cheers

5. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

If bite is right at the top its getting ready for a new clutch kit.

6. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

Yup...new clutch soon required....

7. S3 Wannabe

S3 Wannabe Member

The closest meet I think which has taken place recently was when 3 S3's just happened to parked within the space of 5 bays at Sainsburys Truro earlier this year! Well up for one though if it can be arranged.

One of guys at RK (pretty sure it's Simon -who part owns the garage) has an S3 and has done a few mods to his. The guy knows what he's talking about and I'm sure they'll charge you a hell of a lot less than any dealer.

They also do CC remaps if you've not had one yet!

(I'm located in Grampound by the way!) :thumbsup:

8. ideal mate u will tell my car a mile off, w reg soon to have black s3 wheels (winter 1s)and its silver.

i had the guys at celtic tuning remap it for me, i am just waiting for a new maf and my tip to arrive, as its not runnig as it should.

doi need a cluyh kit...or just the clutch???

cheers guys.