1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch problem...HELP!!!

cornish_a3_turbo Nov 4, 2008

1. cornish_a3_turbo

cornish_a3_turbo Guest

OK, i have an a3 w reg 1.8 non quattro turbo, and the clutch bite is right at the top, does any 1 know if it can be ajusted??
    or is it time to be replaced...i know ots done 120,000 miles, 80000+ motor way....
    ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE....!!!
    CHEERS

2. S3 Wannabe

S3 Wannabe Member

No idea, but for any advice/work make sure you have a word with RK Engineering at St Agnes. (Presuming you are in the Pasty county!)

3. cornish_a3_turbo

cornish_a3_turbo Guest

haha yes im in newquay.
    is there ever any meets or shows do you know?
    there s 2 of us down here with a3 turbos and we dont mind travelling.
    cheers

4. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

If bite is right at the top its getting ready for a new clutch kit.

5. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

Yup...new clutch soon required....

6. S3 Wannabe

S3 Wannabe Member

The closest meet I think which has taken place recently was when 3 S3's just happened to parked within the space of 5 bays at Sainsburys Truro earlier this year! Well up for one though if it can be arranged.

One of guys at RK (pretty sure it's Simon -who part owns the garage) has an S3 and has done a few mods to his. The guy knows what he's talking about and I'm sure they'll charge you a hell of a lot less than any dealer.

They also do CC remaps if you've not had one yet!

(I'm located in Grampound by the way!) :thumbsup:

7. cornish_a3_turbo

cornish_a3_turbo Guest

ideal mate u will tell my car a mile off, w reg soon to have black s3 wheels (winter 1s)and its silver.

i had the guys at celtic tuning remap it for me, i am just waiting for a new maf and my tip to arrive, as its not runnig as it should.

doi need a cluyh kit...or just the clutch???

cheers guys.