Clutch problem, advice please :(

ozzy786

Reaction score
So today I was traveling along at 30, then I go to change gear and the clutch pedal sticks to the floor, I my car out of gear, pull over, have a look under the car and it's basicly leaked out all the brake fluid and clutch fluid :/ this wasn't a gradual thing, happened all of a sudden. Has anyone had any experiences like this on their s3? I've got a 2001 s3,
105k on the clock. Any advice on how
i should approach this?

thanks guys.

Maybe worth mentioning that my clutch pedal has been a little squeeky the last month or so, never really thought anything of it, thought it was more of a lubrication issue

If the fluid is coming from the gearbox then its the slave cylinder... if the fluid appears to around the subframe then its most likely the master cylinder... both are common problems...

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys, I'm thinking its the slave as it looks like its ******* out the gearbox :(. I'll be towing her to my trusted mechanic tomorrow, is it worthwhile changing the flywheel while hes in there?

You would best evaluate the state of the flywheel when the box is off... its a dual mass flywheel and they are not cheap... typically LuK replacement is around the 300 quid mark depending where you buy it from and an OE one from TPS is substantially more expensive (but is also an OE branded LuK item)...

Currently on ECP a clutch kit including slave is listed at £185 and a DMF is either £323 or £455 depending on the VIN number... that of course will be plus labour which for the most part is a good 6-8 hours

Make sure you use new flywheel bolts as they are one use and I'd use new clutch plate bolts too as they are not expensive...

<tuffty/>