1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch problem - a bit of advice needed

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Anarch, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Anarch

Anarch Member

[Jul 19, 2014]
    Hi all,
    I'm having an issue with the clutch on my A3 ever since I bought it - I though it will iron out once I put a few miles on the clock, but it persists.

It's a bit difficult to explain - so bear with me - When I'm releasing the clutch there is a sudden drop in RPM in one point and unless I hold the clutch in that place for a second or two and build the RPM back up, the engine will die. In other words it's been so far impossible to have a quick smooth start. It's mostly felt when starting the car from the 1st gear, and also makes starting from the 2nd gear nearly impossible. I've never experienced anything like this on any car I've driven - it makes the car really sluggish & annoying, or is there something that I'm missing ?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Jul 19, 2014]
    I'd take it back to Audi for them to look at
  4. phil1824

phil1824 Active Member

[Jul 19, 2014]
    Does it also happen if you release the parking brake and wait three seconds for the parking brake to have released itself? i.e. is it a problem to do with the parking brake not releasing?

5. Anarch

Anarch Member

[Jul 19, 2014]
    I know what you mean - but no, it has nothing to do with the parking break :)
    phil1824 likes this.
  6. PDA3

PDA3 Member

[Jul 19, 2014]
    I found this when I first got my car and put it down to getting used to the bite point. The engine is so quiet I have to watch the speedo to make sure I won't stall it. In dynamic mode it's worse, so I end up sticking with comfort. I've had the car 3 months and am more used to it now. My gf stalls it still, as she doesn't get to drive it often ;)
    Anarch likes this.
  7. Anarch

Anarch Member

[Jul 20, 2014]
    Thx - I thought I was the only person struggling with this :) I've booked the car in, and I'm not really keen on accepting that this is how the clutch is supposed to work.
  8. PDA3

PDA3 Member

[Jul 20, 2014]
    It'd be great to see what they say!