1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Pedal snapped, anyone know of or have 1

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by a3 quattr0, May 28, 2011.

1. a3 quattr0

a3 quattr0 New Member

Hi all,

My clutch pedal snapped lastnite when i finished clubbing. Luckily i was parked and boom it went when i pushed down on the clutch. Not good when everyone wants to get home. Anyways AA come and flatbed was needed, because you cant toe a 4wd car, got home eventually.

Anyone got a complete clutch assembly and preferably with the master cylinder attached to save hassle when fitting or know of anywhere. Ebay have a few, but i need to get the car sorted by Tuesday. And delivery is going to b a week.

I live in London and willing to drive to get the part. The car is a 1.8T Quattro A3 1999

Thank you

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Audi sell the pedal, clip and switch bracket for about £23 get it from them, They'll probably have them in stock as the are quite a common failure part.

4. AGU-TURBO

AGU-TURBO Audi a3 1.8t AGU

What he said - i can remember when mine went i wondered what the f**k happened at first lol. i descied to weld the bracket back on mine so i no it will never happen again

5. neil.c

neil.c Senior

You could have driven it home, I have done it a few times before in different cars, although it used to be when the clutch cable snapped.

6. G60DAN

G60DAN Member

Y can you not toe a 4 wheel drive car? I have.

7. nixy

nixy Member

Coomon problem on these and mk4 golfs simple swap over just fiddly! New pedals from dealer have a better weld on the back aswell!

8. Lee172

Lee172 GT3071

This happened to me in my last a3. Welded it on and its still fine now, the welds in them originally are terrible, no wonder they snap!

9. dancarpy

dancarpy S3 DCY

Exact thing happened to me yesturday.AA towed me to my mates garage down the road.He did ask the same question of the 4wd but i explained it wasnt permenant 4wd. He checked on his computer and it said he could tow me max of 30 miles at 30mph.
    so his AA guy prob couldnt be arsed with the bar tow and got flatbed instead. lol