Clutch pedal adjustment?

grumbas

Reaction score
Is it possible to adjust the clutch pedal on the S3?

Basically the biting point of the clutch is virtually on the floor and I really have to stretch for it which isn't ideal and a right pain in traffic.

There's quite a lot of play in the top of the pedal, even after the play has been taken up the first part of travel doesn't seem to do much.

Any info appreciated!

Being hydraulic, I don't think there is any adjustment that can be made. I recently had to change my slave cylinder on my AUM 1.8TS and after re-bleeding the system, the pedal bit point came to half way, prior to that it was literally on the floor. I noticed that before changing the cylinder, I had a lot of pedal 'play' before it engaged, now it seems to engage after the first 1/2" of starting to depress the pedal.

Maybe it's worth trying to bleed your clutch (using ezzibleed in my case) too if that maks any difference?

I know this is abit of topic but its still todo with the clutch, well clutch pedal, can it be moved up or down because on the way to college this morning i noticed a scrapping spund coming from the foot well so when i got to college had alook around and the pedal is scrapping on the plastic foot rest thats mated to the carpet. anyone else had this?

Being hydraulic, I don't think there is any adjustment that can be made. I recently had to change my slave cylinder on my AUM 1.8TS and after re-bleeding the system, the pedal bit point came to half way, prior to that it was literally on the floor. I noticed that before changing the cylinder, I had a lot of pedal 'play' before it engaged, now it seems to engage after the first 1/2" of starting to depress the pedal.

Maybe it's worth trying to bleed your clutch (using ezzibleed in my case) too if that maks any difference?

Thats what I feared, oh well, after another expensive service/MOT I'll put up with it a while longer!

Grumbas, I have exactly the same problem as you do. My clutch biting point is very low near the floor at the morning but it will came back to normal after driving for a while.

Most people said its either the master cyclinder at the clutch pedal or the slave cyclinder at the gearbox failed.

I know this is abit of topic but its still todo with the clutch, well clutch pedal, can it be moved up or down because on the way to college this morning i noticed a scrapping spund coming from the foot well so when i got to college had alook around and the pedal is scrapping on the plastic foot rest thats mated to the carpet. anyone else had this?

That plastic moulding is annoying. Might cut mine out!!

The clutch isn't adjustable. If the bite point changes then it will be a fluid, or cylinder problem. Either bleed or replace the cylinder in question.

If it's always low, then it could just be the clutch at the end of it's life or with 2WD the clutch arm in the bellhousing can bend.

Sorry to jump in and hijack you're thread here, my clutch went really stiff the other day and went back to normal about an hour later after switching the car off and starting it again, now it also did this about two weeks ago and came good again... does this sound like a slave cylinder issue as well?

Craig

I wanted to ask, i recently welded my pedal from breaking, and now ive noticed that when im driving, i push the clutch in and the engine will rev higher then usually??? Only happens when i push the clutch in, its like the engine over revs??
Anyone hear of a sympton like this thanks!!
Matt

Common cause of over-revving when depressing the clutch on gear change points to a faulty clutch switch.Had this fault on my S3 and a replacement switch cured it.

Or maybe you just haven't seated the switch back in correctly when you mended your clutch pedal?