Clutch overheat (hard driving or stop-start traffic) S-tronic

The only official reference I found online is for US cars here. The first oil change is 35k and thereafter it is 40k. The current Audi UK requirement is every 38k. The first one was clearly late, but unfortunately you were also late for the second one. So probably the best you can get is a goodwill deal where you pay part of the cost. However at Audi rates with the 'suck-it-and-see' method, this might still be more expensive than going to an indie.

It looks like the car is being scrutinised by the warranty company due to the need of a new gearbox - tests etc. to assess the damage and bolster my case for a new 'box. Documents sent through on Monday, however they want only one technician to provide evidence throughout the procedure, so it'll be Monday before I know anymore. I've put an extra thread on the forum - if anybody knows a way of getting this document I'd be pretty happy to receive it. http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-uk-guidance-documents-to-franchise.291746/

Well after having the exact same issues as you, mine is working fine again with a refurbished mechatronic unit.

Well after having the exact same issues as you, mine is working fine again with a refurbished mechatronic unit.

Did you lose all odd gears? Apparently my gearbox is not pretty so I believe they are going all out. Would they put an old Mechatronic unit on a new box? Does the new box come with new clutches? I hope so.

Did you lose all odd gears? Apparently my gearbox is not pretty so I believe they are going all out. Would they put an old Mechatronic unit on a new box? Does the new box come with new clutches? I hope so.

Has happened before but not all the time. £1900 fitted and it's all sorted.
May be worth a look if you end up having to pay out of your own pocket

Well, received a call today...still with the warranty company after submitting the full report on Monday. Fingers crossed again.

After 5 months of waiting in local Audi garage, I've finally agreed to hand my S4 back for part-refund. Turns out gearbox was completely shot, requiring a new one. Local Audi garage took so long to organise the repair with the warranty company that after three months I rejected the car. Took four members of senior staff, the Citizens Advice Bureau, the National Conciliation Service and Audi UK to sort. Apparently, the warranty was in place, it sometimes took my local Audi dealer three weeks to answer emails from them! A stressful time now at a close !

I hope you didn't lose too much on it. I would have hoped that Audi would have done more to put this right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did speak to them, but it was more of a 'sitting on the side lines thing'. Audi were sympthetic, but didn't really get involved.