1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch judder/drivetrain wobble

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by B8fornow, May 22, 2013.

1. B8fornow

B8fornow New Member

[May 22, 2013]
    Car is in the dealer for the above problem as well as steering noises. Just had a call from the garage to say they have changed the rubber hose on the power steering which should fix everything. Now I am not an expert bit I fail to see how replacing a power steering hose can fix clutch noise an gearbox "wobble" (for want o a better description. Any body got any comment or useful references that I can use when I pick the car up tomorrow!??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[May 22, 2013]
    Take the tech out with you when you pick it up and see if its still wobbling.
  4. B8fornow

B8fornow New Member

[May 22, 2013]
    Will do. Annoying thing is its one of those elusive intermittent faults....he may have a nice scenic drive tomorrow morning!
  5. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

[May 23, 2013]
    sods law.my dual mass has been playing up for two years and when under warranty never played up when i took it to the dealer
  6. B8fornow

B8fornow New Member

[May 24, 2013]
    Update. They have replaced hydraulic tube for PS which seems to have cured the steering noises and poor feel that we had experienced. Technician wants the vehicle back to drop the gear box out to investigate further......