1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clutch/hydraulic issue

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VAG-Slag, Jul 16, 2012.

1. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Active Member

[Jul 16, 2012]
    evening chaps, got a bit of an issue here... Pulled up at work today and my clutch pedal sank to the floor and stayed there :(

So got down in the foot well to have a look at it, looks like the MC has been leaking as fluid has clearly been dripping down onto the trim below. New master cylinder it is then!

I though as a temporary fix I might try bleeding at the slave cylinder to see if it'd get me about until i get the time to swap out the MC. So pressured up the system with the eezi-bleed, undid the bleed nipple on the slave and nothing :think: I pressed the clutch pedal down + up and tried again and there was a little spurt of fluid but nothing substantial, literally a little spit. Not sure how relevant this is but before I did this I actually took the bleed nipple all the way out and I'd even say it looked completely dry in there.

Anyone got any ideas or should I just wait until I've got my new MC in and go from there?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]