1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch going? Anybody replaced one?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by 46TheDoctor, Feb 15, 2007.

1. 46TheDoctor

46TheDoctor Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

[Feb 15, 2007]
    Hi guys i think i have a problem with my clutch on my 2004 1.9 TDI 130 sport which has covered 69k, the clutch actually functions ok but what i get when i change gear is a very rough feeling through the pedal, i dont use clutch as a footrest generally cos i know it is harmful to clutch parts ect, but i have noticed if you ever so slightly rest your foot on clutch (not depressing at all just merely touching the pedal) a really rough vibration/warbling can be felt. At standstill in neutral it can still be felt but marginally less, once clutch is depressed fully i cant feel nothing. Has any body any experience of this and sorted it, also has anyone replaced a clutch? Do you need to change flywheel/ringear aswel and what did it cost?
    Cheers Dave:thumbsup:
  2. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Feb 15, 2007]
    Could be a problem with the dual mass flywheel
  3. batwad

batwad Member

[Feb 16, 2007]
    The pulsating you can feel when lightly resting your foot on the clutch is the hydraulic pump at work and is perfectly normal.