1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch bite point - can it be changed on a 96 A4?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_bpascua, Jul 9, 2004.

1. imported_bpascua

imported_bpascua Guest

[Jul 9, 2004]
    Hello,

I just bought a A4 1.8T (96) and the clutch bite point is irritatingly high - can this be lowered? if so is it an relatively straight forward operation for a mechanic?

Many Thanks

Brian
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

[Jul 9, 2004]
    Unfortuneately, it can't, that I know of. It's, as far as I know, a sealed hydraulic clutch. It MAY be a sign of a wearing clutch, but some just bite high. You can ask a mechanic, but I'm quite sure it can't be changed.
  4. imported_bpascua

imported_bpascua Guest

[Jul 9, 2004]
    Bugger - the cars done 74k can it have worn through the clutch already?

Cheers

Brian
  5. madkebab

madkebab Member

[Jul 9, 2004]
    This is a common trait of the A4, mine has done 77k and bites really high but does not slip. After a while you get used to it.
  6. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

[Jul 9, 2004]
    Before buying my A4, we test drove one, with a real high bite point. The clutch had been checked out, and only showed minor wear, just a trait of that particular Audi. Personally, mine has a rather low catch point. It's something you have to get used to, because all cars will have a different catch point.