1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch and dmf for a3 quattro

James TQ Jul 24, 2013

1. James TQ

James TQ Member

Looking into a stage 2 map in the near future. My clutch isn't slipping at the moment but I want it done before the map,
    Is an s3 clutch the same as a 5spd a3 quattro? I'm struggling to find a clutch and dmf for the quattro can anyone recommend some product or retailers, thanks

2. djdougalno1

djdougalno1 Member

Yes the a3 Quattro 5 speed gearbox is the same casing as the 6 speed so you would need a clutch that fits an s3 the standard s3/tt clutch would be up to the job of a stage 2 map also if you ever need a speedo sensor that goes in the gearbox you also need the 1 for a six speed box even thou it's a 5 speed they are different

3. James TQ

James TQ Member

so i can buy a s3/tt clutch and dual mass fly wheel? do i need a new speedo sensor is it a must? if the clutch says s3 6sp it will fit the a3 quatt? thanks pal

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

This is your answer....
    djdougalno1 was saying that should you ever need to buy one then you could source one from a 6 speed box as the 5 speed box in your A3 quatty is an 02M 6 speed box with 6th gear missing...

<tuffty/>