clutch 2 litre 20v turbo with 01e box

greensyncro

Reaction score
hi,
i ve done the search, gone through the forum and was wondering if anyone has had any experience on clutches with basically a 1.8t block and 01e gearbox,
my set up is a AQY 2litre block on the 6spd box with no spacer, currently to just get the engine running i`m using a audi 80 2l 16v single mass fly wheel , clutch and pressure plate,
i cant go back to the gearbox spacer because this is all in a mk2 golf syncro and just doesnt allow for the room,
this set up works to start it and fits but soon as it ready for the road its not going to last 3 seconds,
any good reports on clutches that will fit and good enough for 450+torque , i read about southbend and clutch masters,
but is there anything or onyone in the Uk that could supply me with something upto the job cheers

You could get the Flywheel machined to take the S2 clutch which is possibly good up to 350 nm torque on the standard clutch or you could get aftermarket equivalent for the S2 that will have more clamping force to suit your needs, i have one mine but mines stock so it does its job lol i actually used the S4 V8 240mm friction disc and pressure plate from a VW LT van coded ATA/AGK with the 1Z flywheel that your probably using.

what sort of power you running through this clutch? machining the flywheel isnt problem,
i am going to give it some abuse so i dont want chuck i clutch in it once a month, a friend of mine with r36 turbo in a mk4 golf had a helix and clutchmaster clutch on the same engine turns out the CM didnt last long, so was heading for a helix

i'm running the same 1Z flywheel, also machined to take 240mm clutch. For your power level your going to need something upgraded though.

I'd probably machine the 1Z flywheel and get an upgraded kit for the 3B S2. You might get away with a standard 3B (or VW LT) cover plate, and a paddle friction disk.

You wont need the gearbox spacer for any 1.8T clutch arrangement anyway, so dont worry about that.

TTV flywheel and stage 4 clutch will sort that no problem