Cluster Flicker

fearLesss

Reaction score
Hey all,

Late night drive back from Leeds last night I noticed the light behind the top of the rev counter started to flicker, did it for around 20 seconds then went away for an hour or so then came back with some bumpier bit of motorway.

What's the actual solution to this, will Audi cover it? It's a 2010 S4, and I imagine a bit of a job to get behind that part of the dash to sort out.

Audi won't cover it unless you have warranty with them ?
My cluster died 18 months ago - cost me silly money from Audi, something like £1400.

You could try contacting ECU Testing or BBA Reman and ask if repair is possible. I took my old cluster apart and they are stupidly difficult to crack open - wouldn't fancy soldering in there.....possibly damage the cluster and be left with a heavy paperweight on your drive requiring a tow truck :blink:

Mine does this. 5 of the leds flicker when they want but not all the time. The clusters cost around the 600 Mark I'm still looking for a solution before I replace it.

Mines done this a few times down near zero on the tachometer, seems to have stopped for now

I went out in it for a good half hour and it didn't flicker at all, I'm sure it'll come back soon enough, £600 I could live with but not right now. Was hoping for cheaper solutions

Just wondering...... does altering the instrument illumination brightness adjustment have any effect on the flickering issue ? Maybe a slight adjustment in brightness might stop this annoying little issue - I know it's not a 'proper fix' though

Just wondering...... does altering the instrument illumination brightness adjustment have any effect on the flickering issue ? Maybe a slight adjustment in brightness might stop this annoying little issue - I know it's not a 'proper fix' though

Doesn't make any difference to mine.