1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloth interior HELP

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ang12el, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ang12el

ang12el Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    My two sons have made a complete mess over the rear dark blue cloth seats of my A4 Can someone recommend a tried and trusted product to get these stains out and indeed how I go about doing this.. Or is it better to just take it to a professional if so can someone recommend on in the Manchester Area?

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. mattfinn

mattfinn Smoking is good for you

[Apr 29, 2008]
    What have they done mate? I use a foaming cleanser when I clean cloth seats, spray on, it foams up (cool) and then wipe with a wet cloth. Smells nice, and is cheap as. Ive used it on all sorts, choclolate, blood (dont ask).
    Where abouts in Mcr are you?
  4. ang12el

ang12el Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    Thanks for the quick reply - it looks like they have spilt something there is a large patch in the middle of the seats with a dark ring round it in addtion I must admit that when I bought the car I should have covered the seats knowing that my 2 kids play a lot of football all over the country and arent exactly the cleanest even when they have a change of clothing.. in general it seats are covered in worn in grime for want of a better word.. as for location based in the NE side of Manchester nr Oldham..

I have tried the generic stuff like Halfords etc < yeah I know but to be honest its made it no difference. I have also got a little hand held vax like machine but dont want to use that in case it just sinks the dirt into the actual cloth..

:yes:
  5. jr001

jr001 Member

[Apr 29, 2008]
    If you've got kids using the car a lot I'd recommend investing in an interior brush

eg
    http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-all-surface-interior-brush-interior.html

and some interior cleaner, either Autoglym Shampoo type stuff from Halfords or a gallon of this:

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/meguiars-all-purpose-cleaner-interior.html

The Megs APC will go a long way (diluted 10:1 for interior), interior carpets and fabric, dash - everything. Some stains may be extracted
    by wiping with a cloth, but a brush will do so much better with a wider variety of blemishes.

Make sure you vacuum the area first, apply the APC/Shampoo, dwell for a minute or so, scrub with brush, wipe with damp cloth (water), then wipe with dry cloth. Can't recommend the brush enough.

Cheers,

JOHN