1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clocks/immo2

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 951, Jun 26, 2009.

1. 951

951 Member

I have just got some S4 clocks(98/98),they physically fit my car and all the plugs are the same and everything functions apart from the obvious the car wont start,i was just going to swap the faces/needles onto my old clocks but it would put the speedo out by about 5mph so How and where do i go about getting the clocks coded to my car ??
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Did you make a note of your old soft code? As you will this to code onto the S4 clocks with VAGcom. Then log into Instruments, then adapt IIRC read, then save, immo light will go out. Turn ignition off then back on and away
  3. 951

951 Member

I have no idea what the soft code is,where do i find that out ??,also i dont have vagcom,can you get the codes with a snap on diagnostics scanner ??
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Umm, Mark that wont work unless you happen to have the matching keys for the S4 dash.....

The keys are matched to the immo unit, and the immo unit is then matched to the engine ECU. That procedure is only if you've changed the engine ECU. If you've changed the immo part the keys arent known to the immo box, so you wont go anywhere.

What you need to do, is dig the SKC code out of the new dashboard using Vagtacho, then use that SKC code to code the new dash to your keys and then your ECU.

There was a post on here by one of the chaps that did just the same thing, using an S4 clock set into a 1.8T iirc.

Have a search for it.
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

DOH !!! For some reason i gave him ECU changing instructions........

Kev is right, you need a vag tacho cable and software, can be had from Ebay for £40 ( i think thats what mine costed )

Sorry for the mis information, i had brain fade from the poilsh fumes doing the cars,lol
  6. ginna104

ginna104 Member

iv'e just had some clocks coded in by the dealer it cost 25 quid as i no someone who works there, they will prob charge about a hours diagnostic labour which is prob about 80 quid
  7. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member

ive got perfect working s4 cluster in mine, as already said you need 4 digit skc to code in keys (if using vagcom), and softcode from old clocks to convert them to work in a 4 cylinder although its easy enough to work out with info on ross tech/vagcom site