Clocking

P Crr

Reaction score
How can you check mileage on a 55 plate A4. Its been plugged into VAG com I think its called but this only gives speedo reading in km. Is anything stored elsewhere. I was also told by Audi that these are difficults to clock and they had nothing to check.

If you have the latest VCDS, under the applications it will have the EC15/16 mileage. Press that button and read when prompted. It will read the speed recorded by the ECU apart from what the instruments recorded. Its also adjustable so can be very easy corected ! Dont believe what dealers say, any VAG car is dead easy to clock with the right gear ! The only problem is that the right gear cost up to 25ooo euros but will do many exotic cars(Ferarri, Bentleys. Lambo's, etc.) with no problems, including post 2003 Mercs and Beemers ! You can brick the ECU pretty easy on new cars but is doable...

Who has vcds equipment then and is it worth checking if its adjustable?

If you have the latest VCDS, under the applications it will have the EC15/16 mileage. Press that button and read when prompted. It will read the speed recorded by the ECU apart from what the instruments recorded. Its also adjustable so can be very easy corected ! Dont believe what dealers say, any VAG car is dead easy to clock with the right gear ! The only problem is that the right gear cost up to 25ooo euros but will do many exotic cars(Ferarri, Bentleys. Lambo's, etc.) with no problems, including post 2003 Mercs and Beemers ! You can brick the ECU pretty easy on new cars but is doable...

you can clock vags for a hell of alot less via cloned software on ebay... I wont post up what software though...