Climate fan sounding like it has a card stuck in it?

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I have just got my car back from Audi, having a small piece sprayed due to bubbling.

Sat in the car, start the engine, popped back to work and turned off the engine in the car park. As I removed the key the climate control made a noise like a fan running down, but with a card stuck in it (sort of sound you get if you feed a piece of paper into a fan/bike spokes).

Since driving back home for lunch and back to work again, it hasn't happened, but I wondered if this was a known fault that I can stop before it gets worse/happens again and damages something?

Cheers,

James

I Would be interested to know about this as well, being as this has happened a handful of times to me as well.
I know it was extremely cold last time it happened so perhaps it has ice forming inside the blower casing or something ? :S

My heater sounds like a CD player trying to read a CD, very odd!.

Anyone got any ideas on that??!

heater motor could be i changed mine due to noise and intermitent working

It's not done it since, but as Effect said, it has been freezing around here + left in a spray booth over night!

Sorry to bump this but this happened again late last night after a short trip. Does anyone know the signs of an AirCon unit that needs regassing?