1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate fan sounding like it has a card stuck in it?

JD09 Feb 9, 2010

1. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

So I have just got my car back from Audi, having a small piece sprayed due to bubbling.

Sat in the car, start the engine, popped back to work and turned off the engine in the car park. As I removed the key the climate control made a noise like a fan running down, but with a card stuck in it (sort of sound you get if you feed a piece of paper into a fan/bike spokes).

Since driving back home for lunch and back to work again, it hasn't happened, but I wondered if this was a known fault that I can stop before it gets worse/happens again and damages something?

Cheers,

James

2. Effect

Effect Member

I Would be interested to know about this as well, being as this has happened a handful of times to me as well.
    I know it was extremely cold last time it happened so perhaps it has ice forming inside the blower casing or something ? :S

3. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

My heater sounds like a CD player trying to read a CD, very odd!.

Anyone got any ideas on that??!

4. mk1kid

mk1kid Member

heater motor could be i changed mine due to noise and intermitent working

5. JD09

It's not done it since, but as Effect said, it has been freezing around here + left in a spray booth over night!

6. JD09

Sorry to bump this but this happened again late last night after a short trip. Does anyone know the signs of an AirCon unit that needs regassing?