1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate Control

vimy Jan 9, 2013

1. vimy

vimy Member

Is there a way to control both passenger and drivers side climates using the drivers side control?
    I assumed this was pretty much standard on all cars, my 1er had it.

(its because I have a bit of OCD, I must have both temps the same lol)

2. PjDali

PjDali Member

Not got the new A3 as yet but on the previous model all you had to do was hold the auto button for a few seconds and both sides temp would sync to drivers and the temp would remain sync until a passenger changed their side.

One of the new A3 drivers would need to advise on the new car mind you as no doubt things will be different :)

3. Gordo77

Gordo77 Well-Known Member Team Navarra Audi S3 Manual

Its the same - hold auto for 3 secs. If you briefly touch the Auto button it puts it in a special ECO mode, which is not the same as having A/C off.

4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

What they said, although I was unaware of the quick press for eco mode thing, ta for that.

5. hittchy

hittchy Active Member

I'm with you here!

I even use the steering wheel volume so that the power symbol on my radio is always perfectly upright at 12 o'clock. If someone gets in the car and turns it, I get cold sweats. (Actually that last bit isn't strictly true.)