1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

climate control

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by sahk, Feb 26, 2005.

1. sahk

sahk New Member

[Feb 26, 2005]
    Hi There

There seems to be a problem with my climate control.

At low I get cold air.

But when I put in on 18 and 19 degrees it blows out hot air like its on 22 degrees plus. I have checked the coolent and that seems to be fine.

Its weird, any ideas what the problem may be.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. a4sline190

a4sline190 Member

[Feb 27, 2005]
    Would say that if you put it on 18 or 19 and it blows out hot air it is likely that the interior temp is below this hence the warm air to bring it up to that temp. But could be completely wrong.
  4. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

[Feb 27, 2005]
    I have had the same problem and went to dealer they tested fully and found nothing and said its to do with interior temperature. So exactky what A4sline told you but im still very sceptical as this happens even when interior temp is warm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  5. AndrewRichmond

AndrewRichmond Member

[Feb 28, 2005]
    a4sline190 is quite right. However, the main problem is that Audi insists on having 18c as the lowest normal setting. Use this or have a gale blowing on lo. Other manufacturers' such as Merc allow you to take as low as 14c before the ice air arrives.

IMHO climate control is one of the few weak spots in Audi interiors.
  6. imported_ChristianF

imported_ChristianF Guest

[Feb 28, 2005]
    thats a software issue, i've had the same problem, just go in and tell the dealer again.

I had another problem like that; when the two sides were set to the same temperature one would blow hot and one cold. this again was a software issue.
  7. greytsport1

greytsport1 Member

[Sep 5, 2005]
    same problem, read another thread and it said the problem went away if the auto button is selected and it worked!
  8. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Sep 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    a4sline190 is quite right. However, the main problem is that Audi insists on having 18c as the lowest normal setting. Use this or have a gale blowing on lo. Other manufacturers' such as Merc allow you to take as low as 14c before the ice air arrives.

IMHO climate control is one of the few weak spots in Audi interiors.

[/ QUOTE ]

They changed this on 2003 onward cars where the lowest setting is 16 degrees!..
    I have one of each and the lower setting is much better.
    Cant be changed by software apparently as it is part of the control unit itself and thats a bit costly..