1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate control upgrade

felga Oct 22, 2010

1. felga

felga New Member

Hi
    I`m about to swap the centre console in my 1998 1.8 A3, I already have 2001 facelift console with everything but the climate control doesn`t work :/

ANyone made that upgrade with everything working as should ? Or the climate control is broken ? I would like to know before I`ll buy antoher climate unit.

I had pre-facelift electronic climate unit and this is what i bought to install 2din sat nav.

Imageshack - p1030705z.jpg
    Imageshack - p1030704l.jpg

2. felga

felga New Member

I just bought another A3 facelift unit but doesn`t work either :/

So there is a difference in power supply plug , anyone have the RH plug without the shield so i can compare the pinout ?

Andrew

3. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

I think that you will have more fundamental issues with using he new climate control unit than just the power feed, as the climate unit interfaces with quite a few of the systems in the car to judge the temperature output. I doubt that this is possible, but reserve the right to be corrected.

On another note, you got a spare ash-tray for the facelift car? PM me if you want to sell it ;)