Climate Control Unit - Turn Air Con off? HI/LO display?

Poke13

Reaction score
Website
www.jcwsdesign.com
Merry christmas to all, not sure if it is snowing for any of you guys too?

Just wondered if anyone knew whether you can manually turn the Air Con off but still use blowers/fans?

I have seen HI and LO displayed on pics but not sure what this means?

I have also witnessed Sandip changing settings on the Climate Control panel to show Engine Coolant Temp on the Climate Control display and have found the instructions for that so will be having a go myself!

It won't run once the frost warning symbol appears in the DIS anyway... 5deg or less and the aircon compressor turns off automatically...

<tuffty/>

On our avant we leave it on ECON most of the time anyway. If i need AC then i'll turn it on. Seems completely stupid that by default it runs the AC compressor all the time, even if its cold and trying to warm the car up!

Is that it really? I have a few times but wasn't sure. Haven't got the manual at my place at the mo :whistle2:

Yes econ obviously means economy. Just stops the compressor from running. Didn't realise that it stopped below 5degrees though. I always leave mine on ECON mode to help save fuel.

On our avant we leave it on ECON most of the time anyway. If i need AC then i'll turn it on. Seems completely stupid that by default it runs the AC compressor all the time, even if its cold and trying to warm the car up!

True, it should be better.

Did they ever fit auxiliary heating on a3/s3?

Well the ECON seems to be working a treat but I have had no luck fiddling with the panel to show engine coolant temps/speed etc.

Anyone else had any look with this? It must be possible as Sandip did it in my car.

Hold recirc and press the up arrow, the display will change to 1c. you can then use temp +/- controls to select which channel you'd like to view, 49c is coolant temp for instance, then press recirc to display the value.

Hold recirc and press the up arrow, the display will change to 1c. you can then use temp +/- controls to select which channel you'd like to view, 49c is coolant temp for instance, then press recirc to display the value.

Thanks for that aragorn!! I will be giving that a go!