1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate control questions

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ex996, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ex996

ex996 New Member

Hi all, my first post since starting to read the forum with a view to getting an S3 back in May.
    Had Ibis White S3 since Sept 1st, pleased overall, especially with build quality and interior quality.
    Anyway, a couple of quick questions if someone can help? When there are no lights lit on the auto/econ, etc which mode is it using? Is air con on or not? Also, when Auto is off and I increase the temp manually, often the fan speed will increase a couple of minutes later as if Auto is on?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. siu00adg

siu00adg Member

Auto is on when the little red light is on. Econ is on when the little red light is on (which means the compressor is turned off, which helps the MPG's a bit)

4. ex996

ex996 New Member

Appreciate the reply, but you misunderstand me. Again, if NO lights are on, which mode is being used?Or is my climate control broken already!

5. Sussex A3 3.2 Quattro

ECON light on = Air-con is OFF.
    AUTO light on = Air-con is ON.

If no lights are on but there is a temp in the display then the Air-con is ON but it is not auto-adjusting. Have you lights lit for the vents its using as my Auto light goes out when I choose which vents are used. Please note my car is a 2005 so maybe the aircon has changed for newer cars?

6. renfrew

renfrew Member

If no lights are showing it means either that the ACU is simply switched off or that the unit is broken. To switch it back on again, just press the speed increase ('+') push button and the panel will light up. If the LED panel doesn't light up when you do that, take your car back to the dealer.

I am not entirely sure what it is that you are asking, but I don't think it is possible to set it to 'fresh air' only, i.e. no fan or heating or cooling. When switched off, I believe that all flaps are closed.