1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climate control playing up

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by danotto, Feb 2, 2010.

1. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

Right my 55reg 2.0tdi a4 is playing up,until today the dual climate control was working fine,but now the drivers side is only blowing cold air,no matter what temp i set the temp to.But the passenger side is fine,could this be a fault with one of the electric thermostat valves(if they have them on these).any help would be great cheers Dan
  2. pin

pin New Member

It may not be this but I've had completely odd things happen when one of the vent controls has been moved by someone.

Was a while ago but basically the summary is if all the vent controls are not completely open, it may not do what you expect. I was just about to take it into a stealer for diag and then noticed whichever side it was, the roller-whasname wasn't completely open. Moved it a frac and all was well. I never did check but presumably they have switch/microswitch to signal open to the ECU??

As I say, may not be that, but mine was refusing to blow cold air until I moved it.
  3. Phil MC

Phil MC SerialAudiOffender

HI Danotto, did you ever sort out what was causing this problem with your driver's side heat not heating up? Mine is doing exactly the same thing??

Cheers,

Phil
  4. danotto

danotto VAG HUNTER

hi i never got round to it i believe its the little mechanical motor by left of the foot pedals.but not sure will have to get it sorted before winter though